The leaves start falling, the nights draw in, the temperature drops meaning the jumpers come out, the evenings are cosier and you can damn right guarantee the pumpkin spice lattes will be available at Starbucks! Okay, okay, that’s not what autumn’s all about but as someone who doesn’t like autumn/winter (sorry), it’s one of the things I do look forward to.
Now as I mentioned, I’m a full blown spring/summer girl. I want to be getting warmer not colder and I want the days to be getting longer, not shorter and usually, a lot wetter. Although I will admit, here in the UK you can never be sure of the weather. We had a heatwave in March for god’s sake! I hate to be a negative nancy though, so I’m going to name a few things I like about the autumn months and then what I want you to do is add to it in the comments below.
I think in these uncertain times, being grateful for the little things can make a big difference, so here’s what I like about autumn;
- Pumpkin spice lattes – literally, such a basic bitch I know, but it’s so great
- Candles glowing in the evening with fairy lights (and not having to stay up late to appreciate it)
- Cooler evenings and thick duvets, so you feel super cosy when you go to bed
- Soup – I mean, who doesn’t love soup?
- Layering clothing. Although you can never be too sure if it’s going to be hot or cold, at least you can wear scarves and cardigans to be prepared
- Beanies – say no more. Greasy hair? Don’t matter, put a beanie on!
Love, always – B
*For commissions, please email me or get in touch on Instagram*
I’d also love for you to check out my Etsy shop here: beccabynature