Lemon cake and lemon desserts are my absolute favourite! Whenever there’s an occasion of some form, I’ll always go to make lemon cake. Not only cause it’s my favourite but also because it’s such an easy cake to make and I’ve nailed it now.
To mix it up a little bit, I actually decided to make the mixture a little sweeter in the cake and more zingy in the icing than my usual lemon cake >>The Most Perfect Lemon Cake<< Not only that but I decided to make them into muffins and my goodness, I’m so glad I did as they’re absolutely DELICIOUS.
I definitely feel like I’m getting back into baking and hope you’d like to see more posts like this in the future. I’m thinking strawberry and cream cakes next and of course, I’ll make them vegan 😋
I N G R E D I E N T S
280g plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
Quarter teaspoon of Himalayan salt
100g caster sugar
100ml olive oil
50g melted vegan butter (I use vitalite)
1 and a half tablespoons of vanilla paste
2 lemons, zested and juiced
250ml plain soya yoghurt
150g icing sugar
M E T H O D
- Preheat the oven to 160degrees and get your muffin tins and cases ready. This recipe makes 10 good sized muffins.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, vanilla paste and lemon zest.
- Then melt your butter and add this with the olive oil, yoghurt and around 50ml lemon juice to the dry ingredients. Mix tiger her slowly, as the mixture can become a batter and we don’t want that.
- When mixed together, equally spoon the mixture into the cases of your muffins. I find they rise really well, so I’d put around 3 to 4 tablespoons into each case.
- Put into the oven for around 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and muffing looking on the top.
- Take out of the oven and put onto a cooling rack until fully cooled.
- Mix together around 3 tablespoons of lemon juice with your icing sugar, until it reaches a drizzle but still thick consistency. Then pour into the middle of the muffins so it drizzles down the sides.
Please email any PR or business enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org