Oh my, I love a pun and how good is the title of this post? I couldn’t decide between lab notes or lab report, but felt the latter suited this blog post more. If you haven’t already guessed it, today we’re going to be talking about labradors! They’re such a friendly, family dog that’s everywhere. I feel like most people know someone who has a lab, so why not include them as part of my dog collection. To hear more about what I’m talking about, head over to my pug post here: For Pug’s Sake.
In this post, we’re going to talk about all the characteristics of these lovely labs. You’ll also be able to see the three different chocolate, black and golden portraits I’ve created, that will soon be going up in my shop. All you’ll need to do is add a name (of course, this is optional). But they’re be a perfect gift!
- Labs are great swimmers as they have webbed feet.
- They’re most commonly used as guide dogs as they’re easy to train, intelligent and have a great temperament.
- Not only are they great guide dogs for this reason, but they’re also used as working dogs in the following roles: search and rescue, assisting people with disabilities and tracking.
- They’re the most popular dog breed in the UK and America.
- They’re actually from Newfoundland, after being bred as a small version of the water dog.
- They’re very fast and can reach speeds of 12mph in less than 5 seconds!
Do you have a labrador? I’d love to know what kind of lab you have and what their name is! Also if you have a dog you think would be a great addition to the dog collection I’m creating, let me know! I’m always looking for inspiration.
Love, always – B
*For commissions, please email me or get in touch on Instagram*
I’d also love for you to check out my Etsy shop here: beccabynature