After yesterday’s shambles of a post (not my fault, there’s just nothing that begins with E, apart from elderberries), today’s is a little better.
To see the food facts far, click on the letters below:
– Vitamin A: great for eye health
– Vitamin C: for the immune system and skin health
– Vitamin K: helps the blood clot
– B vitamins: these help to convert food into energy
– Potassium: regulates blood pressure
– Magnesium: needed to help maintain normal nerve and muscle function
– Zinc: good for the immune system
– Copper: allows the body to maintain healthy bones, blood vessels, nerves and immune function
– Manganese: an essential vitamin for the functioning of your brain and nervous system
– Iron: necessary for the transport of oxygen in the red blood cells
Whether eaten alone, in a pudding, as a jam or even pudding – they add sweetness!
– Vitamin C
– Calcium: needed for the body to take on vitamins to develop healthy bones and teeth
Best used in soups or stews, or even as a garnish
Nuts, Grains & Legumes.
Fenugreek or the seeds are often used with Indian dishes
– Omega-3 fatty acids: lower blood pressure, reduce risk of heart disease, slow development of plaque in the arteries
– Vitamin B1:
– Vitamin B6: regulates emotions (serotonin, dopamine and GABA)
– Folate: for cell function and tissue growth
– Phosphorus: helps to maintain normal acid balance, supports growth and aids calcium to aid healthy bones and teeth
I like adding flaxseeds to porridge, cereal or add them within baked good like muffins
Come back tomorrow for some facts about food beginning with the letter G! If you can name 3 in the comments below, you can have a virtual gold star.
Don’t forget to stay updated on illustrations and prints available in the shop on my Instagram. All social links are below.
Love, always – B
Etsy shop: beccabynature