I don’t know about you but especially after I’ve worked out I crave something sweet and a little bit naughty. I know I should really be having a good protein shake or a meal that will satisfy what my body needs but sometimes you have to treat yourself, right?
I recently saw a post where someone used biscuit spread to make some raw fruit and nut balls and suddenly I thought, hey I could make some protein balls using the spread and that my friends, is what I did!
These are super easy to make, you literally put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it up until you can form it into little balls. For each 2 balls, you’ll get around 10g of protein, so it’s perfect as a little post-workout snack before you have the time to make a big meal. It also satisfies that sweet tooth you may have like me!
*Makes 6 balls*
- 40g oats
- 1 heaped tablespoon of biscuit or lotus spread
- 1 scoop of protein (I used the Bulk Powders vegan white chocolate and coconut one)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup (you can use agave nectar if you’d prefer)
- Optional: Caramel sugar free syrup
Honestly, it’s the easiest thing to make ever!
- Pop all the ingredients into a bowl and using a spoon mix it around until you start to form a dough.
- If the mixture isn’t forming a dough, add a little bit more of the syrup until it forms.
- With clean hands, grab a heaped tablespoon and mould into a ball before putting it onto a plate.
- Once you’ve got all 6 balls, pop the plate into the fridge to let the balls set for around 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and consume within 5 days.
Easy right? I’d love to know if you try these out and what you think, so be sure to leave your comments below!
Love, always – B
*For commissions, please email me or get in touch on Instagram*
I also have an Etsy shop: beccabynature
One thought on “Biscuit Protein Balls”