I don’t know about you, but we’re obsessed with bananas in my house. I’d say we easily get through 20 a week and there’s only 2 of us in the house! The problem with this is, we always have so many in and on occasion, this can mean there’s a couple of super ripe ones in the fruit bowl, that none of us will touch. Now, the banana bread has been done and done time again – especially since lockdown. So I thought, let’s mix this up and make some muffins.
The recipe I took inspiration from The Spruce Eats but just mixed up their recipe slightly to fit what I had in the house and what I wanted to add. So here, I present to you my banana biscoff muffins!
This recipe makes 8 muffins!
2 ripe bananas
60ml rapeseed oil
250g plain flour
200g caster sugar
1tsp Himalayan Pink salt
1tsp baking soda
8tsp crunchy Biscoff spread
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree.
- Take the two bananas in a big bowl and mash them with a fork until creamy.
- Add the sugar and oil with the banana and mix all together.
- In another bowl, add the flour, salt and baking soda until evenly mixed. Then add to the banana mixture and gently stir.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups to about 2/3rds full.
- Add a tsp of Biscoff spread to the centre of the muffin mixture and push down slightly so it’s not just sitting on the top.
- Sprinkle the muffins with sugar and put into the oven for around 22 – 25 minutes. Until a knife/cocktail stick comes out clear.
- Allow them to cool for around 15 – 20 minutes and then scoff them up!
I absolutely loved making these muffins as they were so so easy to make and they were gone within 4 days. They’re just so so yummy and I’ll be definitely be making them again soon. I might even experiment with putting the spread inbetween two layers of the muffin mixture.
Love, always – B
*For commissions, please email me or get in touch on Instagram*
I’d also love for you to check out my Etsy shop here: beccabynature